About Me

My photo
Life is to be enjoyed, not endured! I am a firm believer that a truly happy person is someone who finds happiness on the "DETOURS" of life! I love to smile and nothing can put a bigger smile on my face than making others smile!:) ETHER 12:27

Monday, July 16, 2012

06-13-2012 My new area is Arco Iris (Rainbow) in the zone of Marcos Paz


Hey Family!!!
Wow it is such a blessing to be able to talk to you after a couple weeks of craziness! It was really interesting to hear that you spent your weekend at an Amish auction but im glad you got some time together and you were able to enjoy your weekend together!
Im excited for the Tate and Mccray. I remember this time last year I was excited every week to get your emails to find out how they were doing.... I was in General Rodriguez in my first area... A YEAR AGO!!! jaja I cant believe that... I wish them the best of luck and they will be in my prayers!
My new companion is Elder Michel Kalmer
My new area is Arco Iris or Rainbow
My new zone is Marcos Paz
Elder Lopez - My Trainer
He went home last transfer. 
As for me... It was really really hard to leave my first area, I spent the whole night getting everything put together and lots of time on my knees in gratitude for all the life changing experiences I had in Catan, and the people I was able to share them with! I have a very large place in my heart for those people and that city. But i had to make room in my heart for my new area ARCO IRIS  in english... RAINBOW! My thoughts were correct I replaced Elder Goodworth in arco iris in the zone of Marcos Paz! It has been such a blessing! The people here really love Elder Goodworth and he really changed alot of lives here! My companion is Elder Michel Kalmer from Florida! He has 1 year in the mission and was called to be zone leader with Elder Goodworth and he really did a good job at training him! I thought of Elder Goodworth this weekend and pray he made it safe and is enjoying his time with his family!
Marcos Paz is alot like Catan but it is just a little more civilized! Pte. Carter has always said that Marcos Paz has the most potential in all the mission.... Elder Goodworth and Elder Kalmar have done a great job of helping the Elders understand that potential and made some large steps to reach that potenial... Our goal is to change this Zone into a zone full of Elders and Sister... ya you heard it right... I have to deal with Sister Missionaries... yiiiikes! jaja jk it really is such a blessing they are super sweet and bring a larger sense of virtue and spirit to the zone! our goal is to help build the kingdom of god here in Marcos Paz one Elder at a time... When an Elder understands his potential as a disciple of Jesus Christ he automatically starts to bring others unto christ through the covenants of baptism.. because that is what a disciple of Jesus Christ does!
We have a few great investigators here... Juan Carlos is a 45 year old man who is a reference from the 2nd counseler and he is stopping smoking and will be baptized the 24th of this month... Facundo is a reference from a priest in our ward who has been coming for awhile but recently stopped working sunday to come to church, he as well will be baptized the 24th! His parents are now listening to the discussions and should be baptized in the next month! We found a great lady my first day when we got off the bus who lives alone named Julieta and she came to church this week and should be baptized the 30th of June! This zone is ready and prepared to change and we are all but willing and ready to do it! This week was stake conference and we enjoyed the presence of Pte. Carter and heard from the stake president who is a stud and ready to work! The Bishop is really happy with the work that the elders are doing... Elder Goodworth really built up some strong relationships with the local leaders which is key to helping the members get involved in the work!
Well I dont have much more to say, but im sure i will next week! I am just so so happy to be in my new area and although i miss Catan I am 100 percent focused here because it is where i need to be! This is the church of god, Jesus is indeed the Christ, this is his work and our salvation deepends on how dedicated we are in helping others come unto him! We are so blessed to have the blessings of the priesthood in our days. Our local leaders and world wide leaders even the apostles and our prophet Thomas Spencer Monson are called of god!
May god bless you in all you do this week!
Love Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment