About Me

My photo
Life is to be enjoyed, not endured! I am a firm believer that a truly happy person is someone who finds happiness on the "DETOURS" of life! I love to smile and nothing can put a bigger smile on my face than making others smile!:) ETHER 12:27

Monday, July 2, 2012

5 Steps to make sure you never go inactive from Pres. Carter 04-15-2012



I love this building and the members are so proud of it.



Hey Family,




Well the good news is I'm back in Catan... Home Sweet Catan!
The bad news is that I still don't have my companion and its not looking to
promising... If the new missionaries don't get their visas for this


next transfer next week we will be waiting on 35 missionaries.
So I am still with Elder Escobar but I don't mind at all I sure enjoy working



with him! We got back into our area Thursday night but with the curfew



that we cant go out past 7. We were really blessed to find that all of



our investigators are doing really good. We are going to have a Stake



baptism this next weekend and we will be baptizing 2 little



grandmas... Laura and Marta... They are so sweet! Ill send you some



pictures next week!



President Carter came to our ward and spoke on how we can maintain our
spirituality... I wanted to share with you what he taught so you can
all maintain and build your own personally.



1. Pray from your knees out loud two times a day. 
2. 30 min. of scripture study every day.
 3. Serve in the church.
 4. Go to the temple every week.
 5. Stand up for the truth.

 He promised that if we do these five things we will never find



ourselves inactive... and we will continue to progress!!! I hope you



will all take the time to do these things! It was very interesting



because after we ate with our Bishop who is an absolute stud,  he



told us he loved the talk and knows its true... and told us the story



of his oldest son... He was an amazing missionary... Really Special...



But after his mission thought he was too good to do some of the small



things and now finds himself inactive because he doesn't sustain the



Stake President....



How sad is that? We must do all the small things.... EVERYDAY!



By the way.. how are the family home evenings going? Are you praying
as a family morning and night? I hope you keep up the tradition of
eating as a family and sharing that time together even though


sometimes its only 5 or 10 min! Its one of the things I miss most



about home,  I even miss Tate telling me to stop chewing so loud!!!



jaja good old times!



Wow only one more month of school and Tate will be graduated and
everyone will be out for summer break! Does anyone know their plans are
yet? I know what ill be doing all summer long... jaja living the dream


in the winter here.
 I really gotta watch myself because last



winter I got really fat cause all the people do is give us cookies and



chocolate milk.... jaja I felt like Santa Clause!!!! But thanks to



Elder Weiss and Escobar I am back to my normal self... but I have lost



the little muscle I had.



Mom I am really excited to hear how your marathon goes... YOUR SUCH AN
EXAMPLE!!!! I gotta get back into that kinda shape when I get back...
IF you can do it after 5 kids... I can do it after a 2 year mission!


jaja well I was hoping to get your letter before I got off but it



looks like I will get it next week :) Not a big deal at all!



Love you all


Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment