About Me

My photo
Life is to be enjoyed, not endured! I am a firm believer that a truly happy person is someone who finds happiness on the "DETOURS" of life! I love to smile and nothing can put a bigger smile on my face than making others smile!:) ETHER 12:27

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Baby Boy is being named after me! 05-21-12

Elder Quade Foster and Sunilda Perreira
The baby will be named Romeo Youssan Quade Perreira



Hey Family!
Hey good to get your email... I as well am starting the week off really crazy. We are teaching a huge family... the Perriera Family is a Grandma, Aunt, Mom. Dad, and 6 kids!! It has been super crazy trying to get them all ready for thier baptisms this weekend! They have been progressing really well... Sunilda is the mom and she is going to have her baby in 3 weeks... they officially told us they will be naming thier baby,  Romeo Youssan Quade Perreira! They will be using the first names of both Elder Escobar and I!...
To make a long long story short, saturday everything was perfect with the family, we dropped in for a birthday party at 8 at night and taught a quick lesson on the importance of the Sacrament. When we left everything was  good, but apparently when I left some of the uncles showed up drunk and convinced the dad of the family, to drink and Sunilda the mom got mad and said some things she shouldnt have that not only upset the dad, but also the oldest sister, and the grandma and aunt... so they all went thier seperate ways and are living in 3 different parts of our zone.
Last night we got the family together to have a family council... just like we had so many times in our family! And we explained to them what the purpose of a family council was for and how it worked.... after a good 1.5 hours of talking and reading scriptures we came to some pretty good conclusiones that in order to recieve the forgiveness theat they were looking for in thier own lives.. the family needed to learn how to forgive! To end it all we knelt the 11 of us in a circle and each did a small prayer... In my prayer I cant explain to you the feelings I had... I felt closer to you guys than I have felt in almost a year and a half... closer than I did last Sunday when I got to see your faces... It felt so real! I remember all the times we have struggled to get things put together...but the strongest feelings came when I realized that we NEVER LET SATAN WIN!!! No matter what happend, no matter how big the discussion we always came together as a family and showed him that we are something greater than he is and we understand our purpose as a family! It was a feeling I will never be able to forget! I learned that every family in the whole world is full of problems and little fights, but the key part of an eternal family is the ability to get together after and show satan just how great we really are... this is how the healing power of the atonement works in a family!
Well all was good for a day but today we recieved a call that Satan was working harder than ever and they had all exploded again... So we are literally in a sprirtual battle with satan to get this family into the waters of baptism this weekend! What peace I feel in my heart that our destiny is bound to win!!!
Love Elder Foster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment